Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Freiburg and Sam!!!

So... here goes the post about my most exciting weekend since I've been here... going to see Sam in Germany!!!

I left Madrid at 3 on Thursday and flew to Frankfurt, then took the train from Frankfurt to Freiburg and arrived there at about 10:30. Sam picked me up from the train station and we went to meet up with his friends and went to their student bar.

Then on Friday, Sam and I walked all around Freiburg until he had class. We had some delicious pastries for breakfast and then had some currywurst(?) for lunch which was really good. We met up with two of his friends and shared a pitcher of beer. Then I walked around and did a little bit of shopping while he had class. Later on we went out to dinner at the restaurant where his friend worked and he ordered me wienerschnitzel, which is a typical German dish I guess, and it was delicious. The restaurant was next to this huge beautiful church so we sat outside and just sat, ate, enjoyed wine (Sam, beer) and talked. Then we met up with a couple of his friends and had a drink at two different bars.
             
We ate outside the restaurant in the blue building
On Saturday we slept in a bit and then went and got pizza and pasta for lunch and ate outside in a really cute courtyard. Then went up into the mountains there which was incredibly beautiful. It was very cloudy and a little chilly and just drizzling a tiny bit, but the clouds made the view of the mountains and the forest sooooo beautiful and since it wasn't really great weather there was hardly anyone there so it was very romantic :) It was definitely my favorite part of the trip. Since there wasn't really anyone around we couldn't ask someone to take a photo of us but we took a few selfies haha. We also stopped to get gelato on the way back which was sooo yummy. I had lost my voice almost completely the night before since I'm sick, so in order for me to recuperate a bit, we just came back and watched Bridesmaids and took a nap. Then we got up and went to get groceries and took them to Brandt's apartment to make dinner. We were super fancy and had wine (that was 2 euro for a bottle of red and 1.60 euro for a carton of white!!!!), cheese, apples, and bread for appetizers and then Sam made some chicken and vegetables in a tomato/wine sauce for dinner which was equally good! Then we just sat around and drank some more wine (beers for Sam and Brandt) and chatted. 


On Sunday Sam and I walked around Freiburg a bit more and he showed me some more stuff and then we sat and had cappuccinos and talked and then went to get flammkuchen for lunch which is sort of like a thin crust pizza and it was delicious. Sam then had a second hankering for gelato so we split a cone :) Then we came had to say goodbye since I had to leave from the Freiburg train station at 3 :(

I finally made it back to my apartment in Madrid at 11 pm on Sunday (note to self: never leave that late in the afternoon on Sunday!!) and was EXTREMELY sick. But the infection of the pharynx (yes, that's what I have, I went to the doctor today finally) I got while there was well worth it :) It was soooo incredible to see Sam again and just made me even more sure that we'll make it through this year just fine.

I just want to say thank you to my parents (and Sam's). We appreciate it sooooooooooooooooo much how much you guys are supporting us in traveling to see each other or just with our friends this year. This will surely be the most influential and rewarding year of our lives and we wouldn't be able to do it without you. I really can't say how much we appreciate it. I know you're both going to read this so I hope you know it! We love you so much!!

Well this weekend I'm off to Tenerife in the Canary Islands with my program... hehehe. It's going to be amazing I'm sure. I just hope I feel better by then... :/

Besitos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment