Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So for the weekend November 8-10 I went to Valladolid with Irene and two of her friends for her 18th birthday HOLLA! Valladolid is about 2 hours (by super packed but relatively comfortable bus) north westish of Madrid. I took a bus with Irene on Friday and we got there and did pretty much nothing but lay around and chit chat with her parents who I hadn't seen for three years! They're still super adorable and were encantados (super happy of course) to have me there! Me, Irene and Juanjo did go for a nice little walk around the city and it's so gorgeous that I was like "OMG I can't believe I left my camera at home!!" And Juanjo told me not to worry, "you'll be here all weekend and be able to take pictures of the whole town later." Little did he know that once Irene's friends arrived no sightseeing whatsoever would be done. Actually not really much was done at all other than eating, sleeping, and celebrating Irene's birthday. But who can complain about that?!

Saturday morning her friends got there and we walked around Valladolid a little bit, had some suuuper delicious tapas--CROQUETAS!!--for lunch, picked up Irene's birthday cakes, etc. Then a bunch of her friends from high school came over to her place and Cruzi set up like a HUGE spread of food that no one was eating (except for me, awkward) and we hung out and drank and then went out on the town later since the birthday girl is now LEGAL IN SPAIN WOOO!

Then on Sunday we slept in way too late, woke up and ate breakfast, slugged around for a while, and then Cruzi made the most delicious paella ever for lunch. Of course she insisted that I eat like a 34 plates full and when I couldn't stand to eat any more and told her no she pulled the "oh okay. you don't like it" card so I ate more out of pity. And then we had cake...

All in all it was a fun relaxing weekend and I was very glad to see Irene's parents and spend some time with her since she is the most adorable and fun spaniard to ever exist! <3 ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment