Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oops!!

So it's been a very long time since I've put anything on here... oops! It's been so easy for me to just get caught up in life and not end up writing any of it down. But I do want to have it all here so that I can have the memories written down and so that everyone knows what I've been up to. I've done quite a bit since then, and over the next week I'm going to try to update with a couple big entries about the trips I've taken.

For now, here's a little update about what I'm up to right now. I took my last exam last thursday (phew! I hated linguistics!) and now I've just got some downtime until we start second semester classes next Monday. The new CIEE students have arrived already and this semester me and Argentina have taken in another student! Our tiny apartment is a bit cramped now but it's nice to have another person here too! Her name is Jane and she's from Stanford, Connecticut. We haven't had much time to get acquainted yet, not to mention the poor girl has to talk all in Spanish to me and she's only been here two days.

To fill the time since I finished my exam until we start school I've started doing hot yoga at Hot Yoga Infrared in Madrid and I love it! I have such issues with over-stressing about everything that it's been really good to do something really relaxing and I always feel great afterward. I've also been hanging out with Ian since we're the only two old timers here. We went to see Django Unchained last night and it was SO good! The movie theatre experience here was pretty crazy... it's a teeny little theatre in the city but there were SOOOOOOO many people there that you could hardly move around. Somehow we managed our way to the snack bar counter for some popcorn and soda and made our way to our seats (third row, so my neck is a tad sore haha) and got to enjoy a nice English movie on a slightly-smaller-than-US-theaters screen.

This week I'm going to get registered for classes and (fingers crossed!) get an interview for an internship in a hospital. That whole thing has turned out to be quite the ordeal... Even though I notified the program back in September that I'd like to do an internship in a hospital second semester they managed to not find me anything until January 7th and then told me that all of the materials (including a Hep B, Hep C, and HIV test) were due January 10th. Well I was in Germany visiting Sam at the time and very sick with the stomach flu--another story--and didn't end up getting everything turned in until a few days after the deadline but we'll see if they still consider me...

Well that's really all for now! Nothing too exciting. But I'll try to get all those old posts put up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment